RN Baccalaureate Completion
The Maria College RN Baccalaureate Degree Completion Program is designed for graduates of an accredited associate degree or diploma program in nursing who also hold a New York State unrestricted RN license, to complete the last two years of a four year bachelor’s degree in nursing.
The RN Baccalaureate Degree Completion program’s goal is to develop nurses who utilize evidence for practice decisions in a variety of healthcare settings and have knowledge of the issues shaping nursing and healthcare today. It also provides exposure to community health practices, outreach programs, quality improvement, nurses, sensitive indicators, informatics and alternative or complementary therapies.
Courses are offered both on the Maria College campus and in collaboration with area healthcare institutions.
- Applicants must be a graduate of an accredited associate degree or diploma program in nursing.
- Hold a current New York State, unrestricted RN license (or receive the RN license by the start of the clinical course(s)).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for enrollment information.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR NON-MARIA STUDENTS
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5
- Prerequisite Coursework:*
3 Credits of English Composition
3 Credits of Developmental/Life span Psychology
8 Credits Anatomy and Physiology
12 Credits Liberal Arts Electives
- Ability to meet both College and clinical agency health requirements.
- Two favorable references that address professional and/or academic ability (e.g., nursing faculty member, nursing supervisor).
- Have appropriate health clearance requirements on file in the Nursing Program office prior to clinical facilities visits.
Course work within the RN Baccalaureate Completion Program will require the student to have a firm foundation in liberal arts and nursing, as well as a RN license to practice nursing. These requirements will ensure that the student is prepared to meet the program’s demands. Diploma graduates must have completed their non-nursing course work at a college or university for credits to be applicable for transfer into Maria College.
*If you have questions or feel that you do not meet all the requirements to be admitted to the program, please contact the Office of Admission to discuss possible options. Phone: 518.861.2517 or Email: email@example.com