Professional Development at Maria College
Maria College is committed to the importance of professional development for all members of the college community. The College provides coordination and financial support for professional development activities for faculty, staff and administrators to explore pedagogical advancements, enhance performance of professional responsibilities, prepare for academic advancement and contribute to the body of knowledge in their respective fields. Professional development activities should be guided by annual professional goals established by each employee, the goals of an employee’s department or program area, and the mission and strategic goals of the College. Individual employees should take the initiative in promoting their own professional growth and should discuss opportunities for growth with their immediate supervisors.
Procedure for Submitting a Professional Development Proposal and Request for Funding Support:
- Discuss and review proposal for professional development activity with immediate supervisor (department chair, program or office director).
- Develop estimated budget for proposed professional development activity with assistance of administration.
- Submit completed form Professional Development Proposal and Request for Approval and Funding to the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs for approval and funding support.
- Provide copies of approved request to applicant, immediate supervisor and Business Office.
- Complete any necessary travel arrangement and registration requirements with assistance of administration.
- Upon completion of professional development activity, submit all receipts for budgeted items with travel voucher to the Business Office for processing.