Accreditation and Membership
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Maria College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, Phone: (267)284-5000. The Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation
New York State
Maria College is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York and its programs are registered with the New York State Education Department, Room 981, Education Building Annex, Albany, New York 12234, (518) 486-3633.
Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education
The Occupational Therapy Assistant program is accredited by:
ACOTE c/o Accreditation Department
American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200
Bethesda, MD 20814-3449
The OTA Program will be re-accredited in 2020-2021 academic year.
National League Nursing Accreditation Commission, Inc.
The Associates Degree Nursing Program at Maria College is accredited by the National League Nursing Accreditation Commission and is a member of the National Council of Associate Degree Programs. Further information on the program may be obtained by contacting the National League of Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, telephone 404.975.5000, fax 404.975.5020, www.nlnac.org.
RN Baccalaureate Completion Program Recognized by NLNAC
Maria College recently learned that its RN Baccalaureate Completion Program has earned accreditation by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). NLNAC’s Board of Commissioners granted accreditation based on a self-study report, the college catalog, a site visitors’ report and a recommendation for accreditation proposed by program evaluators and an evaluation review panel. Further information on the program may be obtained by contacting the National League of Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, telephone 404.975.5000, fax 404.975.5020, www.nlnac.org.
Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities
Together with more than 100 New York State educational institutions, Maria College is a member of the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities. Maria is proud to be a part of this group of schools that helps to fuel both upstate and downstate New York’s economic development. Educating students at independent colleges and universities is cost-effective for taxpayers: private colleges and universities grant 63% of the degrees* and enroll 39% of the total student population in New York State—saving taxpayers billions of dollars.
*Includes bachelor, masters, doctoral, and professional degrees.
The Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, Northeast Community
Maria College is a member of The Conference for Mercy Higher Education, which supports Mercy colleges and universities, institutions that are situated within the heart of the teaching mission of the Catholic church. The Sisters of Mercy sponsor institutions to address their enduring concerns: service to persons who are poor, who are in need of education, health care, social services, according to the needs of the time, with special attention to women and children. Maria and all Mercy colleges and universities contribute in a special way to the rich diversity of American higher education by providing a strong “value-added” component to their educational programs. Moreover, all Mercy higher education is committed to academic excellence that prepares students to live, learn, earn, serve, and shape a more just world.
Maria College Holds Memberships in the Following Organizations:
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education
- Albany-Colonie Regional Chamber of Commerce
- American Association of Collegiate Registrar and Admissions Officers
- American Association of Community and Junior Colleges
- American Association for Higher Education
- American Council on Education
- American Counseling Association
- American Library Association
- Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Capital District Counseling Association
- Capital District Library Council
- College Entrance Examination Board
- Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities
of the State of New York
- Conference for Mercy Higher Education
- Middle States Association of Collegiate Registrar and Admissions Officers
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Catholic Education Association
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
- New York Counseling Association
- New York State Associate Degree Nursing Council
- New York State Disabilities Services Council
- New York State Library Association
- National Council of Associate Degree Programs
- Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society