Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
Maria College requires that all students with an intent for the Practical Nursing Certificate, PNC, (starting in May 2013) or Associate’s Degree in Nursing (starting in August of 2013) complete the “TEAS”—Test of Essential Academic Skills, at a required level in order to be admitted into their program. Our goal in using the test is to ensure that you have basic knowledge in the areas of English, mathematics, science, and reading comprehension to be successful in the nursing field.
Maria College now offers the TEAS exam on campus! You must register and pay for the exam online at ATI Testing at least 24 hours in advance.
Wednesday, September 30
Wednesday, October 21
To register for the TEAS exam, please log onto www.atitesting.com and if you have not already done so, choose Create an Account on the main screen. Enter the information requested.
- For Institution, choose Maria College TEAS.
- For Student/Employee ID, please use the last four digits of your social security number. You will receive a new student ID number once you enroll in the nursing program.
- Be sure the box is checked for Non-Degree seeking so you do not have to enter a completion date.
The next screen will welcome you to ATI.
- Under option two, select the choice that reads “I want to register for TEAS through PSI”
You may choose to locate a testing site. Once you select a test date, plan to register for the exam as early as possible as there are limited seats available for each exam.
If you have created an account:
To register for the TEAS exam, please log onto www.atitesting.com and choose Register for TEAS with PSI on the bottom right of your screen
- Click “Learn More”
- At the bottom of the following screen choose Register. At this point, you must sign in using your username and password, Maria College TEAS, and continue to check out. Be sure to write down your confirmation number and bring this number to your test date.
After you have registered at www.atitesting.com you may schedule your TEAS V at www.psiexams.com. They will require the confirmation number from the ATI website. If you have difficulty with either the ATI or PSI website you will need to deal with their customer service department. Maria College will not have the ability to correct the problem you are experiencing.
Associates Degree in Nursing: ATI Academic Preparedness Level of “Proficient” and at or above the following scores for each of the four sub-categories:
- Reading 70.5%
- Mathematics 69%
- Science 53.6%
- English 63.8%
PNC: ATI Academic Preparedness Level of “Basic” and at or above the following scores for each of the four sub-categories:
- Reading 70%
- Mathematics 50%
- Science 53.6%
- English 50%
Students may take the TEAS test twice in a twelve-month period. A repeat attempt may not be earlier than 45 days. Test attempts at other colleges are reported to Maria College and will count as an attempt. Scores of second attempt prior to 45 days will not be accepted.
Scores from two separate exams may be combined to take the highest scores.