Maria College invites applications at the Assistant Professor level (BS in Nursing Completion Program) for the 2018-2019 academic year. Successful candidates will teach undergraduate courses in Nursing at the baccalaureate level, advise students, and serve on college wide and department committees. Also required is the ability to share responsibility for administrative and supervisory duties within the BS Completion Program. Demonstrated excellence in prior teaching in an academic setting required; knowledge of or commitment to baccalaureate nursing education preferred. Candidates with curriculum development, program assessment and leadership experience also preferred. Responsibilities also include the ability to assist with administration, periodic review, planning, development, revision, and general effectiveness of the program.
- As a representative of the College, promotes the mission of the College in various internal and external activities.
- Provides classroom and clinical instruction.
- Schedules, sequences courses and clinical sites; manages multiple other instructional sites
- Assists with development, sequencing, implementation, evaluation and revision of program curriculum.
- Assists with recruitment, selection, orientation, supervision, and evaluation of faculty for the BS Completion in Nursing Program.
- Assists with all necessary components of program for accreditation.
- Assists with preparing reports and statistical analyses as needed and keeps Associate Chairs of Nursing informed of current program operations and concerns.
- Assists with assuring that faculty in each course within the program complete and submit all data related to evaluation and ongoing assessment activities.
- Participates in the preparation and management of the budget necessary for the implementation of the program.
- Serves as a resource person to program faculty and students.
- Provides academic advisement to BS Completion Nursing students
Qualifications – Minimum:
EDUCATION: Required Minimum Education:
Graduate Degree (Masters in Nursing) and BS Nursing
Preferred Education: Post Graduate Degree (Ph.D)
Specialty/Major: PhD, EdD or DNP
Required: Must have an active, unencumbered state of New York Registered Nurse license.
At least four years of experience in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse.
Experience teaching in Nursing program; knowledge of curriculum design, program administration, evaluation and instruction useful; skillful in interpersonal, oral, and written communication; competent in appropriate use of computer technology and software, including MS Excel, MS WORD, PowerPoint, electronic email and the internet; and knowledge of the ACEN accreditation standards.
Ability to manage through shared decision-making; ability to work with a diverse group of students; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; ability to maintain confidences; commitment to the concepts of innovation; understands and supports team building strategies.
Required Application Documents:
Apply by submitting the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Assistant Professor of Nursing for the BS Completion in Nursing Program” as the subject:
- Letter of interest
Maria College is a nonprofit, independent, coeducational institution which does not discriminate in its enrollment or employment practices for any reason including race, sex, color, national origin, creed, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local laws and ordinances. Information about the services, activities and facilities accessible to students or prospective students with disabilities regarding Title 504 may be obtained from Kim Noakes in Accessibility Services in Mercy Hall at (518) 861-2508; information about the services, activities and facilities accessible to employees or prospective employees with disabilities regarding Title IX and/or the Americans with Disabilities Act may be obtained from Andrew Ledoux at (518) 861-2505.