Maria College seeks a dynamic, resourceful individual to serve as IT Network Specialist. Reporting to the Director of IT, this position provides support for network and other technology systems– including topology, servers, hardware and software installations and operations– and training. This position:
• monitors college network topology and functions of Firewall, Wireless Access Points, Switches, etc.
• organizes, plans, and schedules projects including application installation and upgrades, equipment updating, etc.
• assists in and manages the implementation, configuration, deployment and support of systems, including, but not limited to, client computing devices.
• works with end users across the college assisting them in adapting to new technologies and streamlining processes—and provides training to new employees and other training sessions as required.
• promotes compliance with institutional policies and procedures regulating IT.
• works with vendors, faculty and staff to review and implement various systems.
• provides supervision to work-study students performing work for IT.
• completes and submits required reports, and addresses various data collection needs
Requirements: Associate’s degree, preferably in IT or a related field. Two (2) years of experience in IT technical support.
Application Information: Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and a list of 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “IT Network Specialist” as the subject. Applications will be received until the position is filled, and preference will be given to those who apply before May 4th.
Maria College is an Affirmative Action employer. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, creed, sexual orientation, or mental or physical disability in its programs, activities, or employment. We invite applications from qualified candidates who share our commitment to providing caring service to others. Information about the services, activities and facilities accessible to the disabled may be obtained in the Office of Student Services, Mercy Hall. For further information regarding Title IX and 504, contact Ann Reis, Title IX Coordinator, (518) 861-2598.