At Maria, we help transfer students find ways to connect with our community, have academic success and make the most of your time with us. Individuals are considered a transfer student if they have enrolled in any college or university courses after graduating from high school. Each year, approximately 60 percent of our new incoming students have transferred from another college or university. Maria accepts most credits from all regionally accredited colleges. We also accept credits from Advanced Placement and CLEP.
Our students experience an education that is not only about acquiring knowledge but also about giving to others. We are committed to teaching you the value of giving to others.
Most transfer students have many concerns about their credits, fitting into their new college and affordability. In the true spirit of Maria College, we want to do everything we can to make the application process as easy as possible for you. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns, (518) 861-2517 or email@example.com.
How to Apply:
Required Documents for General Admission:
- Completed application
- High school transcript
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Letter of recommendation
- An essay or personal statement
- It is recommended that every applicant have an interview with an Admission Counselor
- Additional Requirements are needed for the Associate’s Degree and Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- The Associate’s Degrees in Nursing and Occupational Therapy Assistant both require a student to have successfully completed 3 science courses in high school or college with at least one course being Biology and one-course being Chemistry with a grade of “C” or better, and 2 college preparation Math courses. A minimum GPA of 2.5 is also required in order to be considered for direct entry into Maria College OTA or Nursing programs.
All documents should be sent to:
700 New Scotland Ave
Albany, NY 12208
Please note: Maria College is still accepting applications for the Fall 2018 semester on a rolling basis. If you need any assistance with the application, please contact the Office of Admissions at (518) 861-2517