Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
Maria College requires that all students with an intent for the Practical Nursing Certificate, PNC or Associate’s Degree in Nursing complete the “TEAS”—Test of Essential Academic Skills, at a required level in order to be admitted into their program. Our goal in using the test is to ensure that you have basic knowledge in the areas of English, mathematics, science, and reading comprehension to be successful in the nursing field.
Maria College now offers the TEAS exam on campus! You must register and pay for the exam online at ATI Testing at least 24 hours in advance.
Upcoming TEAS Dates:
Thursday, February 20 | 10am-2pm
Thursday, February 27 | 10am-2pm
Students wishing to take the exam at Maria College should do the following:
- Go to www.atitesting.com and create an account if you have not already done so
- Login to your account and select “online store” on the top right of the page.
- On the left hand side of the screen select TEAS under the register for headlines.
- Using the dropdown boxes select the following
a. Program Type – TEAS for Nursing Students
b. Country – USA
c. State – New York
d. City – Albany
5. Find the site and time that fits your schedule and click register.
6. Follow the online checkout process and remit payment. Please be aware Maria College is only a proctoring site and all payments are handled through ATI.
Associates Degree in Nursing: ATI Academic Preparedness Level of “Proficient” and at or above the following scores for each of the four sub-categories:
- Reading 70.5%
- Mathematics 69%
- Science 53.6%
- English 63.8%
PNC: Meet or exceed the overall national average score for the combined four sections.
Scores from two separate exams may be combined to take the highest scores.